Day 2: Quotation Inspiration

Find a quote that inspires you (either positively or negatively) and free write about it for 15 minutes. 


I'm using two quotes.  And some links and pictures to go with my free writing.

"Through movement we find health."

"Many of my favorite shamans are rock stars. They probably don't even know they're shamans, but they know how to get to ecstasy and back, and how to take others with them. They may not have a license, but they know how to drive."
— From "Maps to Ecstasy," by Gabrielle Roth, and as listed in the liner notes of the Carlos Santana album Supernatural

Sweat Your Prayers.  Movement as spiritual practice.  Music is my motivation.  I want to dance with the abandon of a child.   Water dancing works too, and it doesn't hurt.  I hope and pray to get back to dancing on my bare feet on a good wood floor.  There are no Nia classes where I live; I aspire to get trained and certified and be able teach my own classes.  Then I can have Nia wherever I am.  It's impossible to describe a Nia-type class.  Pictures are good but even a video can't convey the joy and peace and love and happiness that come with a good Nia class.  You just have to be there.








 















Photos courtesy of Nia Technique's Photostream on Flickr.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marisol Maldonado "comes out" of the autoimmune closet with husband Rob Thomas' hit song & video "Her Diamonds" - check it out; it's way cool

Herniated cervical disc - Oh my!

Nerve Damage on the Vaginal Cuff After Total Hysterectomy