Chronic Monday: Blog Action Day Statistics and Chronic Illness - Not So Much.


20,603 Blogs Participated
23,327 Blog Posts (Results obtained using Google Blog Search)
More general stats at http://BlogActionDay.org.

I searched on "Blog Action Day" and the different chronic illnesses that I wrote about, also using Google Blog Search. Turns out I didn't have a whole lot of company. Here are my results.

On Blog Action Day there were:

2* blog posts Fibromyalgia
2 on Chronic Illness
1* on Gulf War Syndrome
1* on Endometriosis
2* on Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
2 on Food Allergies
0 on Temporal Mandibular Joint Syndrome
1* on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
1* on Myalgic Encephelitis

*including me

Actually, some of my topics didn't get picked up by the search and I don't know why and I don't know enough to figure it out and correct it. The learning curve. I wish it would curve faster.

It would be interesting to see if the number of people writing about environmental illness (EI) when asked to write about the environment increases as time goes on. I don't know if Blog Action Day 2008 will be on the same subject, the environment, but it would be interesting to see if awareness of EI increases any in the coming year(s).

This is from one of the creators of Blog action Day, Collis Ta'eed's blog, on Building Momentum: How Blog Action Day Got Going:
"...there is a way to relate an environmental issue back to just about any topic"

and
"During the two months of promotion leading up to today I have written over 2,000 emails about Blog Action Day. The floods of people writing to give their support, offer their help and wish us well has been amazing. If you’ve ever had a cynical or jaded day in your life, then take it from me, people want to do good things for the world. SO many people!"

It's a really good post, well worth the read.



Time to lighten up again, I think. As a break from Blog Action Day, and in preparation for next Monday when I will follow up and sign off on the infamous Dr. Scherger and his Be Not Medicalized blog post. I'll chew him up and spit him out and be done with it. Aside to self: Breathe deeply and LIGHTEN UP.

So in the spirit of lightening up, this is kind of cool: I found this "What Kind of Blogger Are You?" blog thing on The AntiBarbie's great blog and it says this about me and my blog:

You Are a Pundit Blogger!

Your blog is smart, insightful, and always a quality read.

Truly appreciated by many, surpassed by only a few


Smart, insightful, appreciated. Nice things to hear, whether they're true or not.

The other fun thing I'm going to do before next Chronic Monday, is to get started writing about the virtual reality phenomenon Second Life, and how it can be helpful to the disabled and/or chronically ill.

Comments

  1. You're a Pundit Blogger like me? Sweet. A lot of folks who took the test on my blog are pundit too, I guess my blog attracts all the interesting peeps like yourself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, my thoughts exactly. I wonder what other types there are... If anybody else does this blog thing, let us know what your type is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome to The ICIE and thank you for commenting!

Note: If you are leaving a comment on this blog in an effort to advertise anything except your own valid topical blog or website, your comment will be marked as spam and will not be posted.

Popular posts from this blog

Marisol Maldonado "comes out" of the autoimmune closet with husband Rob Thomas' hit song & video "Her Diamonds" - check it out; it's way cool

Herniated cervical disc - Oh my!

Nerve Damage on the Vaginal Cuff After Total Hysterectomy