Mel Borins' Ode to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

I'm feeling dumpy
My neck is lumpy
I'm eating nothing and
I'm gaining weight...
My voice is hoarse
My skin is coarse
I'm tired of kelp
And I want some help!

Chorus:
I've got Hashimoto's thyroiditis
I've got hypothyroid disease
I've got Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Doctor, doctor, help me please!!!

I won't spoil the rest of the lyrics for you - very cool song. We CAN find humor in the most unlikely places if we try! Take a listen, here.

Family physician and holistic stress management expert Dr. Mel Borins of Canada (pictured here setting up the infirmary of an overnight summer camp with the camp nurse) wrote and performs the Ode to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, with music by Mitch Girio.
Dr. Borins' friend and colleague, endocrinologist Dr. David Feinstein of Dallas, Texas, arranged for his website to feature Dr. Borins's hilarious homage to hypothyroidism.

Comments

  1. hi Sherril!

    Is there a difference between Hashimoto's and hypothyroidism? I guess I thought hypothyroidism was the umbrella diagnosis and Hashimoto's was a specific kind of hypothyroidism. But now I'm wondering if I'm confused about that! Help! :)

    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism back in 1999. Out of all my medical problems, I have to say that is the easiest one to deal with -- just that little pill every day and I (generally) have no symptoms.

    Back in 2003, before I had a kid, I started lactating slightly and was afraid I had one of those non-cancerous tumors that can cause it. But no -- it was just my thyroid. That's when I started seeing an endocrinologist, and I highly recommend doing that if you haven't already. My OB and then internist both ruled out my thyroid causing the problem because I was within the normal range in my blood tests. But the endocrinologist decided to tweak my meds and increased my dosage twice so I tested at the high end of normal, and that cured my lactating and allowed me to get pregnant. No one understands thyroids like a good endocrinologist!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used desiccated porcine tablets for many years. Take one every morning and in the evening, it gives you extra energy but you also sleep better, and there are no side effects.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome to The ICIE and thank you for commenting!

Note: If you are leaving a comment on this blog in an effort to advertise anything except your own valid topical blog or website, your comment will be marked as spam and will not be posted.

Popular posts from this blog

Marisol Maldonado "comes out" of the autoimmune closet with husband Rob Thomas' hit song & video "Her Diamonds" - check it out; it's way cool

Herniated cervical disc - Oh my!

Nerve Damage on the Vaginal Cuff After Total Hysterectomy