NaBloPoMo 2007: I Blogged for Seven Days in a Row

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Not.

So I won't have that lousy sense of accomplishment from completing the NaBloPoMo challenge. I've gone the way of my predecessor with FM who tried to blog for a month, The Princess of the Business World and Fibromyalgia. I gave it up in favor of my health.

Here are some nuggets from The Princess:

"Blogging more was just that, more. It wasn’t better, it wasn’t really helpful. I pushed myself to the brink."

"This experiment also could’ve been entitled “how to take all of the fun out of blogging & turn it into a very stressful environment”. I burnt out. I started hating blogging."

"I did discover that I’m on the right track with how & why I work. Le sigh."


So she didn't really fail, she discovered she was on the right track before this particular experiment.

I suppose I could say the same. I was on the right track before I discovered that blogging every day won't work for me right now. But I also discovered a few things while I was blogging every day, even though I only did it for seven days. I discovered that maybe doing my regular Chronic Monday post, then some short follow up posts on the same subject during the rest of the week might be a good way for me to go. I'm going to try it sometimes.

I also had several Aha! Moments while I was posting every day; one was on gratitude and chronic illness and the other was on the healing power of art. I think I'll need the rest of the year just to follow up on them. On the one hand I got my old draft posts cleaned out, on the other hand I created so many more with all of the ideas I was having during that week that I probably have twice as many drafts now as I did before.

I don't suppose I carried on with the daily posts for long enough for the stats to really mean anything, but on average I had the same number of readers, new and returning, that I had during the three weeks preceding the NaBloPoMo week.

All in all I'm quite pleased with how things turned out, and I hope to participate in NaBloPoMo again next year and have a little more stamina than I did this year because of all the good habits I'm going to have continued to develop by then.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments

  1. Hi,

    I understand how you feel. I started not to post anything today, but then I thought about my dear friend who wrote to me recently. She is so depressed and I actually helped her by answering her questions on one of my blog posts. So, I felt guilty and just wrote up another post for today. Who knows how long I will be able to keep this up. I just know how difficult it can be for people like us. I guess I am testing myself out. It does remind me that I cannot hold a job down.:(

    Take care and I hope it was a good experience for you.

    Your friend,

    Viviana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome to The ICIE and thank you for commenting!

Note: If you are leaving a comment on this blog in an effort to advertise anything except your own valid topical blog or website, your comment will be marked as spam and will not be posted.

Popular posts from this blog

Marisol Maldonado "comes out" of the autoimmune closet with husband Rob Thomas' hit song & video "Her Diamonds" - check it out; it's way cool

Herniated cervical disc - Oh my!

Nerve Damage on the Vaginal Cuff After Total Hysterectomy