We made this pledge on the last night of the program. It is a blueprint, if you will, of what I need to do, the directions I need to take, in leading the push for awareness and treatment of Fibromyalgia.
Leader's Pledge to Care
We pledge to partner with the NFA to:
* BE THE VOICE of millions of people suffering with fibromyalgia, and to actively advocate on their behalf for an improved quality of life.
* PROVIDE PERSONAL SUPPORT to offer hope and real solutions to the life-altering challenges faced by people with fibromyalgia, and their caregivers.
* CREATE AN ONGOING MEDIA PRESENCE that raises awareness, communicates facts, and changes perceptions about fibromyalgia.
* PROMOTE PROGRAMS that will result in continuing medical education to help health care providers diagnose and treat fibromyalgia patients.
* REPRESENT AND HELP EMPOWER INDIVIDUALS with fibromyalgia in order to improve the quality of health care and access to treatment options, no matter the patients' circumstances.
There are also three other parts of the NFA's Pledge to Care:
NFA’s Pledge to Care. The entire staff of the NFA stood in front of us that night and read this. I was quite moved.
How about taking your part of the pledge now?
Those who fill out the pledge form will have their first initial, last name, state and country listed on the NFA's online “We Care” page, along with name(s) of the individual(s) they are honoring.
To complete the Pledge to Care form.
To view the “We Care” page.