Words Can Be So Powerful



For background on this poem and its author visit the website below.

This is What I Want To Be
(dedicated to sufferers of Fibromyalgia)

I live my life from days, to months, to years
I live my life in sorrow, in fear, in tears

For once in my life, this is what I want to be
Forever glad, forever jovial, forever joyous, forever happy

I have so many creative ideas in my heart and mind
My weakness within stalls my soul and the world leaves me behind

I have so many things that I want to do; want to say
But, the beast within holds my spirit captive; I can’t get away

I tire so easily; the fatigue is relentless
I can’t seem to do the dishes, sweep the floor or even get dressed

Because my heart is in pain; my body is in pain too
Doc says, “There is nothing wrong.” Are you sure this is true?

Take this pain away-tear it out from within me
For it keeps me down and low, I can’t be what I want to be

I want to be able to finish things that I start
I want to have supportive friends that love me from the heart

I want my husband to have the wife of our early years
I want my son to have a strong mother with no fears

I want to feel “normal” in the company of others
Not feel like a failure as a person, wife and mother

I want to enjoy the things that I used to do
I want to live my life to the fullest just like you

Now the question that I must ask, “is that possible for me?”
For these are the things that I really want to be

by Veronica E. Thomas
BellaOnline's Fibromyalgia and CFS Editor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marisol Maldonado "comes out" of the autoimmune closet with husband Rob Thomas' hit song & video "Her Diamonds" - check it out; it's way cool

Herniated cervical disc - Oh my!

Nerve Damage on the Vaginal Cuff After Total Hysterectomy