Bloggers Unite for People with Disabilities

From the good folks at BlogCatalog, another great blogging event:


From the email I received notifying me of the event:
Dear Fellow Blogger,
As bloggers, you and I have the unprecedented ability to raise awareness about important issues by simply posting about them. When we act on behalf of a cause and then write about it, we dramatically increase the positive impact we can have on the world.
Today, I am asking you to take action on behalf of all the people around the world living with a disability. Just like those of us who are able-bodied, they simply want to live a happy and productive life. Help us eliminate the barriers to participation and the prejudices they face every day by taking a simple action. You can donate to an organization that supports people with disabilities, sign an online petition asking for equal access, make your blog 100% accessible. Then write about it. Tell others how important it is to make all the opportunities our world has to offer accessible to everyone. Tell them how easy it is to get involved and how good it feels to help others.
On July 24, 2010, BloggersUnite is asking bloggers from all around the world to unite in support of people with disabilities. Please join us! http://www.bloggersunite.org/event/people-first-empowering-people-with-disabilities
Thanks for reading. Have a great day.
Sincerely,
Jason Teitelman

I'm going to try figure out how to make my blog 100% accessible, then I'll write about that, among other things on my mind regarding this issue, on the 24th of July.  According to this Web Accessability Tool I found in the comments section of the Bloggers Unite: People First page, I have my work cut out for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marisol Maldonado "comes out" of the autoimmune closet with husband Rob Thomas' hit song & video "Her Diamonds" - check it out; it's way cool

Herniated cervical disc - Oh my!

Nerve Damage on the Vaginal Cuff After Total Hysterectomy