Woman Challenge 2009

Well, I've had a year to think about it, since Jenni of ChronicBabe.com alerted me to it last year, and this year I'm gonna do it. The Woman Challenge, that is.

In setting up your goals they only specify moderate or vigorous activity, plus muscle strengthening activities, but we can certainly modify that to whatever is within our reach right now. I was going to say that for me that will be - let's see, what's the opposite of vigorous?... but I just looked up moderate in the thesaurus, and I can go with these synonyms where I was having a hard time with "moderate": balanced, bearable, careful, cautious, conservative, considered, controlled, cool, deliberate, disciplined, even, gentle, judicious, limited, low-key, measured, middle-of-the-road, mild, modest, not excessive, pleasant, reasonable, soft, steady, tame, tolerable, and tranquil.

It starts on Mother's Day and I hope if any of you join me, you'll let me know how it's going for you.


What is the Woman Challenge?

This May, thousands of women across the country will embark on an eight-week physical activity challenge for better health. They will be part of the Woman Challenge, a program of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office on Women's Health (OWH). Woman Challenge is a part of the OWH year-long Woman Activity Tracker program and its launch will kick off the 10th annual National Women's Health Week (May 10-16, 2009). The Woman Challenge encourages women to get at least 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity each week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marisol Maldonado "comes out" of the autoimmune closet with husband Rob Thomas' hit song & video "Her Diamonds" - check it out; it's way cool

Herniated cervical disc - Oh my!

Nerve Damage on the Vaginal Cuff After Total Hysterectomy