Lupron for Endometriosis - NOT!, and a little bit of my story - Endometriomas



UPDATED:  March 21, 2016 - also World EndoMarch 2016 day


5/23/14

I just stumbled across this article/post about the nightmare of Lupron, on Pinterest.  I'm sharing it here because it is well written, factual, and it's a small sample of the insanity that has surrounded people with Endometriosis for decades.  And because I'm so glad I didn't take Lupron or any of the other useless but dangerous drugs that were being promoted for endometriosis back when I was first diagnosed.  (I have the Endometriosis Association, founded in 1980 by Mary Lou Ballweg, to thank for providing me with the knowledge and courage to buck the medical system from the beginning of my diagnoses.)  The nightmare is that doctors are STILL prescribing Lupron for Endo.



artist unknown

Conspiracy theorists, you're going to love this stuff.

Lupron Victims Hub, by the author of Hidden Clinical Trial Data About Lupron, Lynne Millican, R.N., B.S.N., Paralegal ... (disabled since 2003 due to lupron) - LOTS  more evidence of Lurpon funny/scary business on Lynne's website.

Bits of My Story

The beginning of the new ICIs that I'm dealing with now was Endometriosis.  I was diagnosed with Endo by laparoscopy when I was 32, in 1989.  I've had classic symptoms of Endo, low back pain during periods, since the beginning of my cycles.  In September of 2012 I had been post menopausal for over four years and I had begin to trust the feeling that I had made it past Endo home free with all of my organs intact except for my left ovary which I lost to endometriomas* in 2001 (see photo and link at the end of this post).  Wrong.  I'm still in a limbo of sorts with these new physical problems so I'll have to take the telling of my story very slowly... first because I don't know the ending yet, and as I mentioned in my last post, it's complicated and I don't even know where to start.  

*Endometriomisis of the ovary = Endometrioma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometriosis_of_ovary


Also known as a "chocolate cyst."  Ugly, huh?  I had two large ones on the outside of my left ovary, one of which had burst, spreading its foul contents out into my pelvic area.  This picture of an endometrioma is inside the ovary and it has ruptured.   If the ovary bursts, the contents will be spread in that area.  And continue to grow.  Bad news.

There is a plethora of misinformation and downright BS out there about all aspects of Endo.  And it's changing slowly as more research is done and we learn more about Endo.   The information of endometrial cysts in the article below is state-of-the-art current, from the Center for Endometriosis Care, where I recently had surgery.  There was nothing remotely resembling this level of accuracy in the first pages of the major search engines that I used to find info about endometriomas. 

The Cyst-Clopedia: Everything You Always Wanted to Know

http://www.centerforendo.com/articles/cystclopedia.htm


by Robert B. Albee, MD
http://www.centerforendo.com/dralbee.htm

 "Excision is my preference for treating endometriosis of the ovary. It has by far the lowest risk of recurrence."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marisol Maldonado "comes out" of the autoimmune closet with husband Rob Thomas' hit song & video "Her Diamonds" - check it out; it's way cool

Herniated cervical disc - Oh my!

Nerve Damage on the Vaginal Cuff After Total Hysterectomy